Super Pulsed laser is considered to be an advanced form of photon delivery system. All other therapeutic laser and phototherapy technologies utilize either continuous wave (CW) or pulsed (that's standard pulsed), which chops the beam. While CW and pulsed lasers are still good, they may not be able to deliver the same depth of penetration of photonic energy delivered from Super Pulsed lasers.
Traditionally cold lasers deliver photonic energy from diodes that range in power from 5mW to 500mW per diode. 500mW is the highest level of power allowed for a continuous or standard pulsed laser, because any more power would result in excess heat that could compomise safety. However, with Super Pulsed laser diodes we can safely deliver optimal amounts of photonic energy from diodes that range in power from 12,000mW to 25,000mW per diode or a cluster of Super Pulsed diodes up to 50,000mW.
Super pulsing allows for deeper penetration than a laser of the same wavelength that is not Super Pulsed but has the same average output power. This is because ultimately short pulses allow for quick absorption at the cellular level. And the period between pulses promotes a better environment for enhanced cell communication and unwinding, leading to an optimum form of pain relief and accelerated healing.
Super Pulsed Infrared Laser (905 nm) is the technology that has supported the effective use of the TerraQuant laser in over 30 countries around the world. The TerraQuant super pulsed laser has the destinction of being the fastest in the world - delivering pulses at billionth of a second. Combined with diodes of 15,000 mW, 25,000 mW or peak powers up to 50,000 mW, the result is a higher concentration of light energy, or photons, driven deeper into the target tissue, without the risk of burning the tissue.
While CW and standard pulsed lasers are limited to 2-3 inch penetration, the TerraQuant laser with SuperPulsed infrared laser technology will penetrate up to 5 inches, and reach target tissue including hard tissues such as bones, tendons, ligaments and cartilage.
When comparing technology, some laser devices may offer pulsed mode. Do not confuse them with super pulsed lasers. Unlike super pulsed lasers, pulsed lasers are created by “chopping the beam”-mechanically turning the laser on and off, much like duty cycle. Their depth is limited in comparison to super pulsed technology due to the decreased power created by the duty cycle of the device.
1. More Power = More Photonic EnergyAdvanced Semi-Conductor laser diode delivers higher power pulses of Photonic Energy in thousands of milliwatts without heating tissue.
- 2. Increases in peak power = improved depth penetration and more energy into target tissue
This advanced technology is the most superior form of delivering high levels of photons to target tissue at the deepest level possible. It reaches up to 5 inches, which is at least 2 inches more than any non super pulsed infrared laser.
3. Breakthrough in Thermal BarrierSuper Pulsed Laser produces a high peak impulse of intense light for a fraction of a second. Thus, there are no damaging thermal effects in the tissue because the pulses are of very short duration.
4. Maximum Photonic DensityThe power density during these very high pulses yields an extremely high photon flux and saturation, further delivering a stronger therapeutic effect into the tissue and greater production of ATP within the cells & Mitochondria.
5. SafetyThe Super Pulsed Laser Technology provides more energy and penetrates deeper than comparable non-super pulsed lasers but does not generate excessive damaging heat. As a matter of a fact the TerraQuant class I laser can deliver photons deeper and for far less expense than the riskier class IV lasers, which must be kept moving due to the high concentrations of heat, which they generate. With SuperPulsed lasers you never run the risk of heating or damaging tissue and you are guaranteed the deepest and safest penetration with maximum delivery of phontons to sick or injured cells.
Click for TerraQuant Laser Packages